A while back, I wrote a letter to myself to help clarify my goals and what I was seeking in my life and career. In an attempt to try to keep clarifying where I think I am going, I am writing another letter to myself. This one focusing on shaping my future job.
Dear Future Me,
You are a learning:
- content curator
- cat hearder
- Employees by helping to create an environment/culture that allows them to innovate and learn.
- Customers by providing customized learning experiences through the use of cutting-edge learning methodologies and techniques.
- The Organization by co-creating a learning strategy that aligns to it’s mission, vision, and goals for it’s self and for and it’s customers
- From both home and office (s)
- Stuck. Uninspired. Lost. Desperate for change.
I posting the above as a half-baked ideal. I really wanted to write a more detailed description but I am not there yet. This is all I have at the moment so instead of trying to do it all at one, I’m “touching the treadmill” and will just keep adding as inspiration strikes. I also welcome your thoughts as well.
Speaking of inspiration, here are the articles that got my creative juices flowing on my future job:
- How to become a personal learning adviser
- A Manifesto (with Poor Graphic Design)
- ID and Other Reflections: L&D’s New Hatrack
- Emerging new roles for learning and performance professionals | Learning in the Social Workplace