I spent part of the day flushing out what I want to be learning over the next 6 months (I have commitment issues so thinking 6 months out is a big deal for me)
Why you ask?
The L&D industry is shifting and the list I created below is where I believe I need to learn more to stay relevant. I also needed a way to reflect on what I want and posting to the world holds me a little more accountable (If you haven’t noticed I like variety – which means I often leave things unfinished).
- Design Thinking (February): I want to learn more so I can use it as a method for creative problem solving and hope to figure out how to translate it into how I design learning experiences.
- Community Management (March): I want to learn more so I can help empower others to be the change they wish to see.
- Content Marketing/Social Media Strategy (April): I want to learn more about these aspects of the marketing world to learn how to better engage people and filter/distill information.
- User Interface Design (May): I want to learn more to design better communities and social learning experiences.
- Reflect & Distill (June): Does something resinate? Do I want to dive deeper and learn more? Did my learning journey ignite a new passion?
It’s a lot. I know. I plan to start slow (1 topic a month) with free or low cost learning resources. Once I distill what I have learned and, if something resonates, then I can move towards a certification or a longer workshop – though these day I wonder how relevant that is.
I also think this is what happens when what you want to do is not a “degree” program or even a known job. Honestly, I think this is my way of moving into creating something that helps me do what I love. Which is:
- Ignite our ability to break through & transform by:
- Leading from the side
- Working out loud
- Pushing limits (rebel at heart)
- Getting rustic
- Being an alchemist of change
Which really makes sense (to me anyway) when you look at what feelings I currently want to cultivate in my life:
- Affluence: I am enough & am grateful
- Wonder: I add to and experience the beauty in this world
- Tranquility: I am centered and at peace
- Agility: I am free, flexible, and creative
- Connection: I act with empathy and authenticity
Guess all I need to do now is get started ; )